When you search for magnesium supplements uses, you will find a long slew of benefits associated with this mineral. Magnesium is carrying out over 300 enzymatic reactions in our body, so we cannot afford the deficiency of this mineral for maintaining an overall healthy well-being. However, most people even do not know when which, and how much magnesium supplement to take for healthy bodily function. Thus, we come up with a brief article about this essential mineral to let our readers find its importance. If you are going for Magnesium supplement Amazon shopping in Pakistan, we recommend you to read it prior to your purchase. Magnesium supplements online shopping in Pakistan will become super easy with our guidance.
According to health experts, most people do not consume this mineral through diet or food sources. Therefore, many older adults have this deficiency that triggers many health issues, such as heart disease, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. Therefore, experts highly recommend investing in these supplements from Amazon in Pakistan as they provide numerous magnesium benefits for men and women. Some significant benefits and uses are as follows for your quick guidance.
· Control blood pressure:
According to studies, this mineral plays important role in controlling and maintaining blood pressure. When a patient with hypertension takes around 350 mg per day of magnesium for at least 3 months, it significantly reduces the diastolic and systolic blood pressure by 1.78- and 2-mm Hg, respectively.
· Promote restful sleep:
When you start taking magnesium supplements for sleep, you will experience restful, uninterrupted, and peaceful sleep. If you mostly experience difficulties in falling asleep, you should consider taking this mineral into your diet. Taking 320 to 720mg of this mineral for at least 8 weeks improves your sleep quality and sleep time naturally.
· Reduce depressive and anxiety symptoms:
Magnesium deficiency also triggers depression and anxiety. Thus, taking its supplement can treat and alleviate these conditions naturally. According to some controlled trials, taking 500 mg daily for up to 2 weeks will naturally reduce the depression symptoms in the majority of people.
· Control Blood Sugar Level:
Magnesium is important in metabolizing insulin and glucose in the body. Therefore, taking its supplement helps control insulin levels. According to studies, taking this mineral abundantly through diet or supplement improves insulin resistance to impact blood sugar. Thus, health experts suggest it for blood sugar management, specifically for diabetic patients. For type 2 diabetes, 250 to 600 mg of this mineral is safe to stabilize the blood sugar at a healthy level.
· Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease:
People who have low levels of magnesium in the body are more likely to get heart disease, followed by high blood pressure and blood sugar level. Therefore, it is important to keep its intake correct to ensure healthy heart function. According to several studies, taking a safe dose of this mineral pose a positive impact on some significant heart disease risk factors, such as cholesterol level, diabetes, blood pressure, etc. Thus, heart experts highly recommend consuming magnesium-rich food or its alternate supplement to ensure heart health and heart disease prevention.
· Improve Migraine Condition:
Several studies show that migraine is linked to this mineral deficiency. Thus, taking its supplement can reduce the experience of migraine attacks by 42%. When a migraine suffering person starts taking recommended magnesium, they will feel less intense and have fewer migraine attacks. According to health experts, 600mg is safe for people who have intense headaches or migraine due to nutrients deficiency.
Rich Diet and food sources:
If you do not want to consume the supplement, you should add some foods with high levels of magnesium. These food sources include Almonds, Cashews, Spinach, peanuts, black beans, soy milk, avocado, whole wheat bread, edamame beans, low-fat yogurt, banana, kidney beans, oats, etc. You can also add some breakfast cereals and fortified food items to your diet which claim to have a standard amount of magnesium in them.
According to health experts and nutritionists, the magnesium daily intake for men and women should be 400 to 420 mg and 320 to 360 mg, respectively. You can consume it through diet or simply start taking the best magnesium supplement. When it comes to taking supplements, health experts recommend taking up to 400 mg per day as per your deficiency level. These recommended doses may also vary as per the age because its requirement for children and adults differ.
Supplementation of magnesium is usually safe for adults. Still, one should consult the doctor or healthcare professional before adding them to his daily routine. Especially, if you have any underlying health condition or are under any treatment. Otherwise, you may get its side effects. Some of them are as follows:
- If you take certain diuretics, antibiotics, or heart medicine, this mineral supplement would be unsafe for you. The reason is that drug interaction with the mineral supplement may change the impact or effectiveness of the drug or supplement. Thus, doctor recommendation is a must for patients who are under treatment.
- People who have kidney issues should not consume magnesium supplements without a physician’s recommendation. They can get severe side effects on kidney function due to underdosing or overdosing on the supplement.
- Always speak with your physician about your magnesium level before taking the supplement because overdose or the wrong dose can lead to magnesium toxicity. If you do not have this mineral deficiency, you may get moderate to severe side effects. It includes depression, retention of urine, muscles fatigue, low blood pressure, vomiting, etc. A physician can test and check its level in your blood and determine and recommend the safest dose as per your body’s requirement.
- Some people do not suit the supplementation of minerals. Therefore, they usually get gut-related side effects, such as vomiting, abdominal pain, nausea, indigestion, diarrhea, etc. If you get these side effects, you should discontinue its use and consult the doctor right away.