To pass the IELTS test, students must put in a lot of work. Despite being taught as a required subject, pupils find English to be very difficult. Many of them want to live overseas. Do you know that with only three months of preparation, you can become fluent in English? Yes, it is quite simple to study English in order to pass the IELTS test. However, when preparing for the IELTS test, one must ensure that he is using the correct strategy. Essentially, this post discusses the best strategy to prepare for the IELTS test in three months.
Every student preparing for the IELTS test must use the appropriate study materials. So, before registering for the IELTS exam date, make sure you’ve allowed yourself enough time to prepare.
Read on to learn how to prepare for the IELTS test in only three months.
Section for listening
The primary goal of this part is to assess your listening skills. In other words, how well you comprehend the English spoken to you. Candidates are given audio samples to listen to throughout this exam. The questions are also presented in audio format.
The following are some fantastic pointers for acing this section:
- Learn to listen to English by using audiobooks, English tunes, news podcasts, or viewing movies.
- Stay calm when listening to English so you may concentrate on the words spoken to you.
- Discover how to pronounce a word in English. In a nutshell, learn how to pronounce the terms.
- Every student looking for an outstanding IELTS score must practise one example paper related to the IELTS listening part on a regular basis.
Section of reading
The reading exam is used to assess your reading abilities by using comprehension passages. The exam will include questions such as MCQs, gap fills, short responses, and so on. To ace this exam, you must concentrate on practising different types of comprehension passages. In progressive sequence, the difficulty level of these sections grows.
The following are some pointers to help you get an A+ in the reading portion.
- Learn good sentence building by using tutorials or engaging books that are freely accessible on the internet.
- Get an English newspaper every day. Then, attempt to understand the tough portions on your own.
- Examine the many comprehension passages accessible on the internet.
- Every day, practise writing a sample paper linked to the reading segment.
- Improve your vocabulary and understand the true meaning of words by being patient.
Section on writing
The writing portion assesses a student’s ability to respond to a question or scenario in writing. Essentially, this exam necessitates long responses from the pupils. During the exam, pupils are given a word restriction. While writing their responses, all students must keep the word restriction in mind.
The following are some pointers to help you master the writing section:
- Clear handwriting is more important than cursive or beautiful handwriting.
- With the assistance of examples, learn the grammatical rules and vocabulary.
- To increase your writing speed, practise answering questions every day.
- So, while you practise the example papers, attempt to compare your answers with those of experts to identify your deficiencies. You may also get readily solved example papers on the internet.
- Organize your thoughts, examples, and experiences ahead of time.
Section on Speaking
This is frequently regarded as the most challenging phase. The examination will be similar to a face-to-face interview with the examiner. For example, how long should your response be, what tone should you use to express your point, and so on.
Furthermore, here are some pointers to help you enhance your performance in this section:
- Learn simple, clear, and short phrases to boost your confidence while speaking English.
- Practice speaking English with a friend, sibling, or your mirror image.
- You may also converse with Alexa or Google Assistant to boost your confidence in speaking English.
- Maintaining fluency in English does not mean sacrificing accuracy.
So, have you reviewed your performance in the sample papers and are you ready to take the IELTS/PTE exam? If so, schedule an appropriate IELTS/PTE test date on the exam organising body’s official website.
The tips given above will undoubtedly help you boost your IELTS result. It is also prudent to confirm that the websites you have selected to get material or sample papers are trustworthy.