Hotel Management is one of the most sought after and booming professions in the country. What better place to study this in the main city of Uttar Pradesh and one of the largest cities in the country. It has various specializations like Hospitality Management , Bakery and Confectionary , Culinary Arts , Tourism Management.
There is huge scope in this unconventional career option. It opens doors to international opportunities and enhances the creative side of you.
Some of the courses that are provided at all levels of education , i.e , are UG , PG and Diploma.
UG Courses –
- B.Sc in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- B.Sc in Hotel Management
- B.A in Culinary Arts
- BBA Hotel Management
PG Courses –
- PG in Hotel and Tourism Management
- PGD in Hotel Management
- M.Sc in Food Service Management and Dietetics
- MBA in Hotel Management
Diploma and other certification courses –
- Diploma in Bakery
- Diploma in Food Production
- Diploma in Hotel and Culinary
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Certification in Hotel and Hospitality Management
Entrance and how to apply after 12th –
Admission into these programs is based mostly on an entrance examination and also interview scores. There are individual college level examinations and also national level entrance examinations like NCHMCT JEE.
- For admission into the UG programs , one should have the basic requirement of passing 12th grade from any board of education.
- If you want to enroll in a diploma program then the prerequisite would be to complete 10th grade.
- Those who want to enroll up for the PG programs will have to complete the undergraduate in the required subject.
- A minimum of 50-55% is necessary for the admission into these programs.
Placements and positions in Lucknow –
Most of the colleges have a decent placement cell offering good initial positions to the freshers after completion of the course. The jobs are placed based on a written test , interview , GD and other potential stages.
Some of the best recruiters in the field are –
- Taj Hotels
- Marriott Group
- K. Raheja Group of Hotels
The most probable sectors you’d work for would be –
- Forest Lodges
- Guest Houses
- Hotels and Restaurants
- Catering Services
- Club Management
- Airline Catering and other related services
The salary depends upon how well you perform individually and also the college’s placement cell. But on an average , after a diploma in Hotel Management you can expect around INR 15,OOO- 25,0000 per month. However you would be able to earn better if you complete a degree course in it , i.e , INR 20,000 -30,000 per month.
Some of the subjects you’d likely be able to cross during the program would be –
- Business Law
- Communication Skills ( English )
- Human Resources Management
- Public Relations
- Travel Management
Choosing the right college after 12th is extremely important. It is the one place that you spend a tremendous amount of time in and really shapes your future personality. You gain knowledge , build some lifelong connections , develop soft skills that can be a game changer! Hotel Management is one such course that is more practical than theoretical and needs a good college to reap its maximum benefit.
Some of the best colleges in Lucknow are –
- Lucknow’s Institute of Hotel Management, Catering, and Nutrition
- Lucknow’s SRM Institute of Management, Commerce, and Economics
- Babu Banarasi Das University , Lucknow
- Integral University , Lucknow
- Amity University , Lucknow
Some of the positions that you can apply for or will get through placements are –
- Air Ticketing Agent
- Cabin Crew
- Tour Guide
- General Manager
- Executive Chef
- Front Desk Office
- Travel Agent
Insight into the best hospitality management college in Lucknow –
If you’re looking for the best college in Lucknow and want to get somewhere in life , try to score admission into IHM Lucknow.
There are two full time courses ,i.e ,
- B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- M.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
They offer diploma courses such as
- Food Production
- Bakery and Confectionary
- Food and Beverage Service
They even have other M.Sc specializations there and also some certification courses to for attaining some edge over others.
IHM Lucknow is a member and is directly affiliated to the Ministry of Tourism , India and has been part of SAMANVAY. These organizations organize various programs that help you gain more exposure throughout. Their top recruiters are Chariot Group , Air India , IRCTC , Hyatt and many more.