How To Change HP Printer Offline To Online?
HP Printer is the extremely preferable printer amongst users for its greater speed printing solution at a reasonable price. However, it comes with several astounding features that make the print job so easy and effortless. Though, despite being the productive one, HP Printer sometimes has technical glitches with its printing function. One of the most frequently occurring problems while printing the documents is HP Printer Offline. A couple of times, the printer says offline even without any apparent reasons which can make you drive up the wall. In this guide, we have discussed the real possible causes for the printer offline problem along with the ultimate troubleshooting methods. Thus, don’t wag off! Just give a short glimpse!
Why Is My HP Printer Offline? Feasible Reasons
Whenever the printer status of ‘Offline’ displays on the computer screen, the printer will not print. Such a printer offline error can occur for various reasons. Here’s the list of feasible causes of Why Is My HP Printer Offline. Let’s take a look:
- The printer is off
- The network cable or USB cable is defective or disconnected.
- The printer is set to “Use Printer Offline”
- If the printer can’t communicate with your computer system, then also HP Printer Offline error arises.
- Your HP Printer is not chosen “set as default printer” in your Windows device.
- An outdated version of the printer driver could also result in the HP Printer Goes Offline
- When the Printer Spooler is stopped, the printer will be offline.
- The printer having issues with its Wi-Fi connectivity may also lead to the same problem.
Symptoms Of HP Printer Offline Problem
Following are the signals that justify you have an HP Printer Offline error problem:
- Your HP Printer doesn’t respond.
- The icon of the HP Printer is displayed in grey color.
- The driver against your default printer has been changed.
- You couldn’t find printers or other devices on the network.
- File and printer sharing is disabled.
- Network port IP address changed or is reset.
- Wireless Network loses its connection with your printer after it enters sleep mode.
Proactive Resolving Steps To Change HP Printer Offline To Online
We’ve gathered the most fruitful and effective troubleshooting steps for you. So, in the blink of an eye, you can resolve the HP Printer Offline Error. All you have to do is implement the below-mentioned fixing methods accordingly. However, you don’t need to continue troubleshooting once the printer has turned back online with the previous guide. Now, let’s a thorough dig at the whole troubleshooting tips and tricks noted beneath:
Fixing Step 1: Disable Smart Install
Turning off the smart install on your printer will probably bring your printer back online. Thus, Let’s do it following the given procedure:
- From the Home screen on the printer control panel, select the “Service” menu.
- Navigate to the “Smart Install” option and choose the “Off” tab.
- Restart your Windows system.
- Try to print a test page to check whether the HP Printer Offline mode is reverted to online or not.
- If the issue persists, jump to the next solving tips to implement.
Fixing Step 2: Perform A Power Reset & Check Connections
Resetting the power to the printer is a quick resolution process. The desired steps for the same are listed below. Have a glance:
- If the printer is already turned off, press the Power button to turn it ON, and then check the printer status:
- If the printer starts printing from the print queue, then the printer is back online. Now, no need to continue following the troubleshooting steps.
- If the computer still shows the status HP Printer Offline, continue to the next step.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear end of the printer and from the wall outlet. Then, wait at least 60 seconds.
- Make sure the USB cable is securely connected and is not damaged.
- Make sure the router or switch cables are securely connected.
- Now, restart your computer and wait for it to reboot.
- Reconnect the power cable to the rear of the printer and the wall outlet.
- If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the “Power” button to turn it on.
- Try to print.
- If the printer starts printing, it means your HP Printer Offlineerror has been solved. Otherwise, you can continue to the next step.
Fixing Step 3: Check The ‘Use Printer Offline’ Setting
Here’s the course of action you need to perform to ensure that the printer is not set to ‘Use Printer Offline.’ Let’s follow:
- On your Windows Desktop, open the “Control Panel”, and then select the “Devices and Printers” tab.
- Now, place a right-click on the printer and then select “See what’s printing”.
- Click the “Printer” tab, and then hit the checkbox (indicated by a check mark) next to “Pause Printing” or “Use Printer Offline” to clear the selection.
- Once you remove a selection, try to print.
Hopefully, this time your HP Printer will deliver the printout without showing the HP Printer Offline error status. If yet the same error exists, continue to the next fixing guide.
Fixing Step 4: Check For Network Connection Error
One of the key reasons for the printer showing offline is the issue with the wifi connectivity. Also possible that the IP address is not configured accurately. Here’s the complete instruction you need to go through:
- Open the “HP configuration screen” on your Windows PC.
- Click on the “Networking” tab from settings.
- Select the “IP Address” option from the drop-down menu.
- Tap the “Manual Settings” option and enter the accurate IP address correctly.
Now, attempt to print to check if the printer starts serving quality printouts or not.
Conclusion On HP Printer Offline
By following the aforementioned troubleshooting steps given, you can solve your HP Printer Offline problem. Therefore, frequently execute these steps to complete your print tasks soon as it will show you HP printer is online. If, unfortunately, none of the solutions worked out, don’t feel disheartened! We are here to lend you a hand in an efficient way. Just dial the 24/7 online number and address the issue you confront. The problem will be solved within a pinch, for sure.